Whole lotta love
So much to post...it's been forever.
Music lessons are going pretty well--I'm having trouble learning to read the music, but I have taught myself to play a few songs by ear because (Little Drummer Boy, Amazing Grace)..well, just because I can :)
Today is my 1 year anniversary at work--doesn't feel like that long. I remember when I finally got hired last year, it was so amazing after having been jobless nearly three months! The CFO of the company called to say thank you for my year of service. I'm sure he doesn't know me from Adam and I know someone put him up to it, but it was cool all the same.
On Friday the 1st, someone I know through my sister completed suicide. It's thrown me for a loop--really thrown me, been on my mind ever since. So much in fact that last week there were a couple of nights I woke up thinking about him.
I met Scott for the first time several years ago when he worked for my sister. Typical MO for my sister and I in that he was a gay guy..lol..he was a sweet kid. His parents had disowned him for being gay (not uncommon), but he didn't seem the worse for wear. He came to Thanksgiving dinner one year with his boyfriend to my mom and dad's house and a good time was had by all. One thing I can say about my family, they might not like what you do but if you're good people--you're allright by them.
The best I can tell is that Scott had been down as of late and things had started to get a little better, but not fast enough for him. He drove himself to a park and shot himself in the head. This really bothers me; I hate the thought of anyone feeling so alone in this world that they feel like that is the only way out. It's like a burning room and that is the only exit sign they can see.
I just hope where ever Scott is now that he's at peace and his head and heart aren't so heavy. I hope God will welcome Scott in to his open arms and sing him to sleep with a sweet, sweet lullabye.
RIP Fry-guy :(

<< Home